5th June 2013. Uttarkashi to Gaurikund (Kedarnath)




I got up early and went straight to the Bus stand to get the ticket. But alas, there was a huge line, and only a few could get the ticket. Now I had to plan something alternate. The earlier night I had enquired that there are many Max that go to Srinagar, and from there we can get another Max to Kedarnath. There were 3 more boys from Calcutta, who were also like me didn’t get the ticket. So I told them that we should go to the Max Stand. On reaching we reached the office and enquired for a max till Kedarnath. After consulting amongst themselves, one of them said “I will charge Rs 7000.” We consulted amongst ourselves and said “ok, we will be in an hour, after freshening ourselves and having breakfast”. So I rushed to my room. Meanwhile my family were ready. I too got ready quickly and then we all went for breakfast. After quickly gulping on it, we had our Rucksacks on our back. I instructed my wife to wait with the kids near the bus stand and I would go and get the Max here. So I Contacted Ashish. He was already at the Max stand. So I walked to the stand which is 10 minutes walk from the Bus Stand. So having kept my luggage inside the max, we were ready to depart. WE picked my Family and all we very comfortably seated. This Maxx is a 10 seater and we were 7 of us, 4 from my family and 3 boys namely Ashish, Ganesh and Kartick. The boys were around 25 and were very well cultured. Two of them occupied the front seat, and one of them slept in the back seat. We four of us were seated in the middle seat. We started our journey at 7.45am. The journey was uneventful and we reached Gaurikund at 5pm. After reaching Gaurikund what striked us the most was the heavy rush. There was tremendous rush and we had a tough time finding residence. I was literally moving from one place to another, and the people were quoting an exorbitant rate of Rs 1000-Rs 1200 for useless room. Finally we went to Baba Kalikamaliwala Ashram, and got a decent room for Rs 800. It was just next to the hot water bath. By the time we kept our luggage, the water from the bath was released and the bath was empty. But there was a flowing hot water spring which was falling in the bath. First I checked how hot the water was, and found it to be comfortably hot. We all came down and the ladies went to the ladies bath and I went into the open air bath. Luckily there we only a few people there and we had a comfortable half an hour bath. After that having had our dinner we were in the bed.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5, Khajuraho

Trip to MP, Chitrakoot

Day 4, Tiger safari and glimpse of Khajuraho