My First Century on Bicycle 29.5.2015



My First Century on Bicycle.
Thank u Sunny and Saurabh for being accommodative. Really needed ur support for d first century.
And all d team members were fabulous. Speed masters Sherwin n Kiran, ever enthusiastic Vinay n doc, very supportive Saurabh n Sunny and a speedster Pranaya on MTB.
It was a night ride to Navapur beach, in Vasai, and the ride was done at night
What helped me d most was d regular training of 50-60kms. That made riding a century easy. And keeping myself hydrated also added a lot, albeit I was a little dehydrated at d end of d ride.
Chikki or energy bars made lovingly by Vidya also did a big trick. Especially d recovery from fatigue.
What was important that v ate after some intervals  and also drank approxately 500ml of water for every hour riding on d bike. This is what is recommended. I was short by around a litre of water in d end as I had rode for 6 hours n had drank 2 litres of water.
I m sure this info will help a lot of budding champs.
I feel, in d end training matters, n not d age. With just 2 months of regular training i could achieve this, then really, anybody can do it, but not without training.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5, Khajuraho

Trip to MP, Chitrakoot

Day 4, Tiger safari and glimpse of Khajuraho