Travelogue of Uttarakhand, 4th June 2013, Bhojbasa, Gangotri Uttarkashi



4th June 2013
After spending night at Bhojbasa, at Rambaba's Ashram, got up at 6am. After finishing our morning chores, we had a wonderful Suji at the Ashram. We departed from the Ashram at 7am. Again we treaded carefully between Bhojbasa and Chirbasa, as there are few land slide areas. We reached Chirbasa at 9am. After resting for an hour and having some breakfast we back on the track.  We were enjoying the stupendous surrounding with huge snow capped Himalayas on both sides. We reached the first check post by 12.45 in the noon, at were at Gangotri at 1330hrs (1.30PM). On reaching Gangotri we paid our guide/Porter Rs 1200. We also collected our baggage from the cloak room managed by the hotel where we were residing. I instructed my family to have lunch and I went to enquire for a bus to Uttarkashi. I was told that there is a bus to Uttarkashi at 2.30pm. So I came back quickly and had my food. We collected our Rucksacks and were at the bus stand which is just a few meters from the hotel, at 2.15pm. There was a bus standing, but on enquiry we were told that today this bus will not go to Uttarkashi. Meanwhile I had enquired for alternate way of transport, and there were many Maxx(Mahindra Maxx), waiting just beside the bus stand. On enquiry, he told that his Max would depart once full. The charges were Rs 150 per head. So we decided to get into the Max. This Max started at 3pm, and reached the Uttarkashi at 9pm. By the time we reached is was late. We had already decided to stay at Baba Kali Kamliwala Ashram. So on getting down we went straight to the Ashram, which is very close to the Bus stand. On dumping the bags, I was out to enquire about the bus to Kedarnath. I want to the booking office but the office was closed. I was told that there are 2 buses that depart to Kedarnath, one at 5am, which is full and the other at 8, for which some seats are vacant. I was told that I should come at 5am , when the office opens and I would get the ticket. So we retired for the day to get up early the next day
Bhagirathi Peaks

















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5, Khajuraho

Trip to MP, Chitrakoot

Day 4, Tiger safari and glimpse of Khajuraho